The firm’s elder law practice focuses on the statutes, regulations, and issues that impact the lives of older persons and their families. We provide services that address elder care planning, access to the appropriate medical and personal care, payment for private care, taxation, guardianship and conservatorship, general estate planning, estate and trust administration, and planning for incapacity.
The following are examples of areas in which the attorneys at Ritzert & Leyton can assist you and your family:
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, medical powers of attorney and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incapacity.
- Guardianship and conservatorship (also known as protective) proceedings.
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life.
- Probate and estate administration issues involving Last Wills and Testaments and trusts.
- Long-term care placements in continuing care retirement communities.
- Public and private retirement benefits, survivor benefits and pension benefits.
To learn more about this practice area, contact John E. Ritzert Jr.